York County Heritage Rail Trail Park
Established in 1992 and covering 176 acres, the Heritage Rail Trail County Park is 21 miles long and runs north from the Mason Dixon line just south of the Borough of New Freedom through Glen Rock, Hanover Junction, and Seven Valleys, through the Howard Tunnel to the Colonial Courthouse in the City of York. The trail connects to Maryland's 20-mile long Torrey C. Brown Trail. In addition to the Colonial Courthouse, three historic structures are located on the trail; Hanover Junction and New Freedom Train Stations and Howard Tunnel.
Railroad tracks are now active!
Attention Rail Trail users, the adjoining railroad tracks are active! The Northern Central Railway excursion train is using the railroad tracks along the Rail Trail (From New Freedom to Seven Valleys Parking Lot). Expect to see a train at any time while enjoying a trip on the trail. Where the trail crosses the railroad tracks, check both directions before proceeding. For those interested in the excursion trail, click here to visit the Northern Central Railway website.
Brillhart Station Parking Lot:
- I-83 to old exit #4 or new exit #14 (Leader Heights Rd.) Follow Leaders Heights Rd. west approx. 1/2 mile to Indian Rock Dam Rd. Follow Indian Rock Dam Rd. approx. 2 miles. Turn left onto Croll School Rd. Turn right onto Days Mill Rd. Follow approx. 1 mile to parking lot. From Rt 30: Follow Rt. 616 south approx. 3 miles to George St. Turn left onto George St. (E) (In York New Salem) Follow George St. (E) approx. 1/2 mile. Turn right onto Days Mill Rd. Follow approx. 1 mile to parking lot on right. Approx. 77 Parking Spots
Gladfelter Station Parking Lot:
- I-83 to old exit #3 or new exit #10 (Loganville) Follow signs to Rt. 214. Take Rt. 214 west for approx. 4 miles to Glatfelters Station Rd. Turn right on Glatfelters Station Rd. Parking area is approx. 1 mile on the right. Approx. 43 Parking Spots
Seven Valleys Parking Lot:
- I-83 to old exit #3 or new exit #10 (Loganville) Follow signs to Rt. 214. Take Rt. 214 west to the borough of Seven Valleys. Parking lot is on right at Eysters machine Shop. Approx. 30 Parking Spots
Hanover Junction Train Station Address: 2433 Seven Valleys Rd, Seven Valleys, PA 17360
- I-83 to old exit #3 or new exit #10(Loganville) Follow signs to Rt. 214 west to for approx. 5 miles to Rt. 616 south (Right Turn) Follow Rt. 616 south. Parking lot is on the left. From Rt. 30: Take Rt 616 south. Parking lot is approx. 6.5 miles on left. Approx. 50 Parking Spots
Centerville Parking Lot Address: 3439 Seven Valley Road, Glen Rock, PA 17327
- 1-83 to exit #8.(Glen Rock) Follow Rt. 216 (truck route) west to Rt. 616. Straight on Rt. 616. Parking lot on right.
Railroad Parking Lot Address: 5 East Main Street, Railroad, PA 17355
- I-83 to old exit #1 or new exit #4(Shrewsbury). Take 851 West. Parking is 3 miles on the right. Approx. 24 Parking Spots