License to Sell Firearms
You MUST Have a Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License or Identification Card.
You MUST provide a copy of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). The copy must contain the printed name, signature, and date in original ink. (NO COPIES OF THE NAMES, SIGNATURE, AND/OR DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED)
License to Sell Firearms are valid for three years from the date of issue.
Hours for license applications: Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Picking up completed Applications:
License to Sell Firearms will be sent to the business address via certified mail.
- You must fill out all the information requested from number 1 thru 44. Sign and date the application when finished.
- You must personally deliver the Application to our office. Your completed application MUST be accompanied by a copy of your FFL and a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License or Identification Card.
- There is a processing and license fee of $57.00. Our office accepts checks or money orders. Cash and Credit / Debit cards are not accepted.
- Processing time is usually one (1) week. Once the license has been approved and signed by the Sheriff, the License to Sell Firearms will be sent to the business' address via certified mail.
- Applications are available by clicking HERE. The form is required to be double sided. Applications with the back side on a separate sheet of paper will be rejected.
York County Sheriff's Office
York County Judicial Center
45 N. George St., 1st Floor
York, Pa. 17401
If you are a resident of York County, own a firearms dealership and possess a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL), please utilize the "LICENSE TO SELL FIREARMS" drop-down box at the left (or click here) in order to be directed to the applicable application.
Out-of-State residents are not eligible for a License to Sell Firearms.