Bail can be posted at the Clerk of Courts Office, located on the 1st Floor in the York County Judicial Center during the hours of 8:15am to 4:00pm, excluding holidays and weekends.
York County Judicial Center
Clerk of Courts Office
45 North George Street
York, PA 17401
After 4:00pm, you may contact a bail bondsman for an individual in the custody of the York County Prison. Central Booking will only post an individual’s bail if the defendant is in the custody of Central Booking at that time. Central Booking accepts credit cards and the use of a bondman.
If you have questions regarding a Bail, you may contact the York County Prison weekdays 4:00p.m. till 9:00p.m. and weekend 8:15a.m. till 3:00p.m..
Bail may be posted at the Magisterial District Judge if the case needing the bail is still at the Magisterial District level.
Type of Payment Accepted
- Cash or certified check is accepted for posting bail. The full amount of cash bail needs to be posted unless otherwise ordered by Court.
- Professional bail bondsmen and/or surety companies/bail agents.
- Credit Cards are accepted.
If a "third party surety" posts the bail, they will receive a refund of the money within 40 days of the final disposition or prison report date.
If bail is posted as “depositor”, the refund will be applied to the defendant’s balance if applicable.
- More information on bail (PDF)
- Authorized Bail Bondsman (PDF)
- Bail Piece Request Check List (PDF)
- Act 16 of 2015 re Professional Bondsmen and Third-Party Sureties
- Pennsylvania Insurance Dept. Professional Bail Bondsmen Correspondence re Act 16 of 2015 (PDF)
A Bondsman who registers their Licenses with the Clerk of Court is responsible for maintaining up-to-date proof of required Insurance, Copy of Entire Insurance Policy, and Written Proof of a Business Address, in order to remain on the published Authorized Bail Bondman list. Please note that there will be a one-time initial filing fee of $26.50.
Get Adobe Reader here.