What are Crisis Services?
Crisis Services are emergency services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help people having a mental health crisis.
Who do I call for Crisis Services?
In York and Adams Counties, Crisis Services are provided by:
- TrueNorth Wellness Services: 717-632-4900
- WellSpan York Hospital: 717-851-5320
Who can call for Crisis Services?
Anyone can call Crisis Services anytime to receive help for themselves or for someone else.
How do I know if someone is having a mental health crisis?
Signs of a mental health crisis can include:
- Extreme depression, withdrawal, or isolating themselves from others
- Talking about feeling hopeless, being trapped, or having nothing to live for
- Talking about or planning to harm or kill oneself
- Extreme aggression, anger, or rage
- Talking about getting revenge, getting even, or getting back at someone or something
- Talking about or planning to harm or kill others
- Disturbing or confused thoughts
- Behaving recklessly
- Increasing use of alcohol or drugs
- Extreme mood swings