Elections & Voter Registration
Welcome to York County Elections and Voter Registration
Federal General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Also know as a Midterm Election
For information on registering to vote, obtaining a mail-in or absentee ballot, or how to get started participating in elections, please visit our Voter Services page.
For information on types of elections, upcoming election dates, poll workers, and candidates/running for office, please visit our Election Information page.
For information on who's on my ballot, where do I vote, and how to vote, please visit our Plan Your Vote page.
York County Board of Elections
President Commissioner Wheeler
Vice President Commissioner Hoke
York County Board of Elections Mission
The mission of York County Elections & Voter Registration Office is to ensure that each citizen of York County who is eligible to register and vote is able to do so; that York County elections are operated with the upmost integrity, transparency, and accountability; and that the department is known for its excellence in customer service and administration of elections.
York County Board of Elections Responsibilities
- Registering voters and managing elections for York County
- Processing new registrations, moves, change of political party, etc.
- Furnishing street lists (alphabetical listing by street of all individuals registered to vote within York County)
- Distributing and receiving nomination petitions
- Preparing ballot
- Retaining/paying local election board members
- Programming and distributing voting machines to 161 voting precincts throughout York County
- Distributing and receiving campaign expense statements/reports
- Certifying election results
- Receiving and retaining Statements of Financial Interest for candidates, nominees, public officials, public employees, or solicitors
Information Regarding Mass-Mailings of Registrations and Mail-in Ballot Applications:
The York County Elections & Voter Registration office is not affiliated with any outside third party organizations. If you have received a registration form or mail-in ballot application from a third party and you no longer wish to receive them, please contact the organization who sent it. Outside organizations may be using old or incomplete voter lists to send their mailings. The documents being sent from these third-party groups are APPLICATIONS, not ballots. Official ballots are sent from the York County Elections and Voter Registration Office only at the request of the voter. The Elections & Voter Registration Office is aware of the following organizations sending mass mailings:
- Voter Participation Center (VPC)
- Contact (877) 255-6750 or email@example.com to be removed from their listing.
- Center for Voter Information (CVI)
- Contact (866) 377-7396 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from their listing.
Please see the following press release (pdf) for more information.
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM