Facilities, Rentals & Permits

The York County Department of Parks and Recreation offers a large variety of opportunities. Park visitors can rent pavilions, softball/soccer fields or go fishing, boating, hiking…just to list a few! All this can be found in eleven county parks consisting of over 4,300 acres.

For more information or to obtain a permit or reserve one of our facilities, you may contact the parks office by calling 717-840-7440 and then press 2, or by email, or in person at John Rudy Park Administrative Building.


We offer 29 pavilions as rentals across our park system. For more information about our pavilions, view the Pavilion Brochure (PDF), and you can reserve a pavilion online here.

Sports Field Rentals

Soccer and softball field rentals are available at John Rudy County Park by contacting the parks office. For more information regarding our sports fields and rental policy, please review our policy here.

Hunting Permits

Hunting permits are required and are available from August 1 to November 22, 2023. Click here for more information on hunting permits.

South of Hess Farm Road at William Kain County Park is closed to the public on September 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, & 20, 2023.

William Kain and Rocky Ridge County Parks are closed to the public on December 4, 5, and 6,  2023.

Boat Rentals

The Lake Redman Boat Rental is closed for the 2023 season. 

Spring Valley Animal Activity Area

This area can be rented for equestrian events. For more information, please review the Animal Activity Area Usage Packet here or contact the parks office for more information or to rent.

Special Use & Activities Permits

Please contact the parks office by calling 717-840-7440 and then press 2, or by email to obtain special use permits for activities including but not limited to, metal detecting, dog hunting areas, geocaches and other special circumstances in the parks.