Highpoint Scenic Vista and Recreation area was created in 2007 and features 79 acres of scenic meadowlands located on top of a hill over-looking the Susquehanna Valley. This park provides spectacular 360° views of the Susquehanna River and views of the towns of Wrightsville and Columbia.
ADDRESS: 1199 Hilts Road, Wrightsville, PA 17368
From ROUTE 30 (east or west):
- EXIT @ Wrightsville (to RT. 462)
- TURN south on Cool Springs Road to traffic light for .7 miles
- PROCEED (south) straight through traffic light (crossing over Route 462)
- TURN LEFT on Knights View Road for .9 miles
- TURN LEFT on Hilts Road
- PARKING LOT on immediate right.
- TOTAL TIME FROM ROUTE 30 IS 10 MINUTES
Click here for the park brochure and trail map.
- Paved Hiking Trail: ADA ½ mile trail from parking lot to top of hill. The trail has a gentle incline from parking lot to top. Rock benches are spaced along the trail for hikers convenience. Elevation gain is 154 feet.
- Drones are permitted in designated areas only. Highpoint Scenic Vista and Recreation Area is a designated area for drone use. All FAA rules and regulations apply.
- 196 mile Mason-Dixon Trail passes through the park.
- Several mowed trails that allow visitors to enjoy the surrounding meadows.
- Restroom at the parking lot
- Picnic tables