Spring Valley Park
Spring Valley County Park, consisting of 868 acres, is located in Shrewsbury, Springfield and North Hopewell Townships. The park is made up of old agricultural fields (showing hand built stone walls in some areas) and an uneven aged forest, with the East Branch of the Codorus Creek flowing through it. The park was named after “Valley of Springs” referenced in several poems written by nationally recognized poet laureate of Pennsylvania, Lee Anderson, who lived within the area that became the park.
ADDRESS: (To Animal Activity Area) 9777 Crest Rd, Glen Rock PA 17327). **Parking at the Animal Activity Area is only available during events.
From I-83 to Glen Rock exit; travel east on Rt 216 for .1 miles; turn right onto Potosi Rd.;
- For Animal Activity Area: Travel 2.1 miles to Crest Rd., turn left onto Crest Rd. Animal Activity Area is on right.
- For Trail Usage: Continue on Potosi Road. Turn right on Lehr Rd to parking lot OR continue on Potosi Rd to parking lot on left.
- Multi-Use Trails: There are over 12 miles of trails throughout the park. Horseback riding, mountain biking and hiking are permitted on all trails. Trails are closed to mountain biking and horseback riders during "wet conditions," as determined by park rangers. For current conditions, check out the parks Twitter/Facebook pages or call the Parks office at (717) 840-7440 and press 1. Trail open/closed signs are located in several parking areas within the parks.
- Animal Activity Area: Two horse show rings can be rented for a nominal fee or each one can be rented separately. The rings are locked except on the day of rental. Numerous equestrian shows are held during the spring and summer. A schedule of events and a price listing sheet can be obtained from the Parks Office. The trails and roadways within the park offer over 12 miles of riding area and is suitable for everything from English and Western pleasure to barrel racing, pole bending and jumping.
- Pavilion Rental: One pavilion is located near the Animal Activity Area parking lot and restrooms. For more information, click here to visit our Online Pavilion Rental Page.