I am looking for the Department of Social Services

Pennsylvania is unique from most states, in that they are a Commonwealth. Part of this Commonwealth structure means that many services are implemented at a county level, rather than a state level. In Pennsylvania, social services are the responsibility of each individual county. The result is that there is no specific, state-run Department of Social Services. York County Human Services encompasses many departments that serve similar roles to a Department of Social Services. Please see our department listing on the main County Human Services page. If you are still unsure of which department is appropriate for your concern, call the Human Services department, Phone Number: 717-771-9347, and we will direct you to the appropriate agency.

Show All Answers

1. I am looking for the Welfare Office / Assistance Office / County Assistance Office
2. I am looking for the Department of Social Services
3. I was kicked out of my home and have no place to go. Who can I call?
4. How do I report Child Abuse?
5. Where can I get assistance in paying my heating bill?
6. Where can I get food assistance?
7. How can I find a specific service, or find all agencies providing a specific service?