How do I know where to file/the cost of filing?

Each office in the Judicial Center handles specific case types and has their own fee schedule. You can call the office to inquire about their fees, or look on their website for a fee schedule. In general:

  • Prothonotary: Custody, Divorce, Civil filings
  • Clerk of Courts:  Criminal, Dependency, Emancipation
  • Domestic Relations:  Child Support
  • Register of Wills/Orphans Court:  Guardianship, Marriage Licenses, Adoptions, Estates

Show All Answers

1. What can and can’t the CSHC staff do?
2. What if I can’t afford an Attorney?
3. If I choose to proceed without an attorney, where can I get forms?
4. How do I know where to file/the cost of filing?
5. How do I find out what some of the words in the forms mean?
6. What do I bring to the courthouse to file?
7. How do I E-file documents with the Prothonotary?
8. How do I get a Protection Order?
9. How do I know if I should file for Custody or Guardianship?
10. Where can I watch the Custody Supervision Video?