How do I get a Protection Order?

You must come to the Judicial Center in person in order to obtain paperwork for a Protection Order. There is a PFA Office on the 1st floor run by advocates who may be able to assist you with filling out the forms and going over your options during normal business hours.

After hours, the Magisterial Judge on duty can hear cases for Emergency Protection. It is recommended you return to the courthouse on the following business day to speak to advocates about your options for continued protection.

Show All Answers

1. What can and can’t the CSHC staff do?
2. What if I can’t afford an Attorney?
3. If I choose to proceed without an attorney, where can I get forms?
4. How do I know where to file/the cost of filing?
5. How do I find out what some of the words in the forms mean?
6. What do I bring to the courthouse to file?
7. How do I E-file documents with the Prothonotary?
8. How do I get a Protection Order?
9. How do I know if I should file for Custody or Guardianship?
10. Where can I watch the Custody Supervision Video?