Do I have to maintain a soil/water conservation plan on the farm?

Yes. According to the amended Pennsylvania Clean Streams Law, a soil and water conservation plan, or, an AG Erosion and Sedimentation Plan is required on every tract of land involving the plowing or tillage of soil, as well as, any disturbance of soil. Today this requirement includes not only cropland, but pastureland and barnyard areas too. The York County Conservation Easement Program requires a Conservation Plan or the Ag E and S Plan for application to the program with at least 50% of the plan implemented. See our Conservation Information Packet for more specifics.

Show All Answers

1. What is an agricultural conservation easement?
2. How would purchasing agricultural conservation easements preserve agriculture?
3. Who determines the value of agricultural easements?
4. How long are the agricultural conservation easements for?
5. Can a farmer buy back the conservation easement?
6. What are the farmer's right's after selling the conservation easement?
7. What land is eligible for conservation easement sale?
8. Do I have to maintain a soil/water conservation plan on the farm?
9. How is farmland preservation in pennsylvania funded?
10. Who will ensure that the deed restrictions are maintained?
11. Must I apply every year?
12. Do I pay taxes on easement funds?